biz4Biz provides a coherent voice for businesses in Hertfordshire. We aim to influence and shape policymaking and encourage investment in Hertfordshire by engaging with local and central government, relevant public sector bodies and local organisations to promote the county as a great place to live and do business.
biz4Biz is a not-for-profit company which is run by a board of directors who are all experienced business people working in Hertfordshire.
We collect information that you provide by filling in forms on our site to receive information on our events and campaigns, when you register to attend one of our events, request a subscription to our magazine or when you become a biz4Biz member.
For our standard mailing lists, we simply collect your name, company and email address. For events, the biz4Biz Awards programme and membership processing we collect your name, email address, company, address and telephone number. We use a third party payment gateway to process credit card payments. However, we do not collect or store your credit card details.
We may occasionally ask you to complete the odd survey that we use for research purposes, although it is up to you as to whether you want to respond.
Biz4Biz uses Google Analytics to analyse the use of its website. Google Analytics gathers information about website use by means of cookies. The information gathered relating to the website is used to create reports about its use.
How is your data used?
- To keep you informed on our events, campaigns and relevant news.
- To keep you informed on membership benefits and renewals.
- To email or post you copies of our Insight magazine.
- To keep you informed about the biz4Biz Awards programme.
- To take payments for events and membership.
Biz4Biz will not pass your details to any third party for direct mailing purposes.
Your rights regarding your data
- You can request a copy of the information we hold on you.
- You have the right to correct the information we hold on you.
- You have the right to ask biz4Biz to erase your data and remove your details from our mailing lists.
The GDPR law on data protection defines how a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
We will only use your data to pursue our legitimate interests of running biz4Biz to keep you informed on our events, campaigns, membership, the biz4Biz Awards programme, and to send you a copy of our Insight magazine.
When we collect your data, for example via our website, we will ask for your consent to add your details to our database for our own marketing purposes.
If you become a biz4Biz customer by becoming a biz4Biz member, attending an event, buying a table at our annual Awards dinner, purchasing advertising in our Insight magazine we will need to hold your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations and accounting and tax requirements.
We protect your personal data:
All personal data is stored on our secure servers. Access to your personal data is restricted.
How long we hold your data for?
We will only hold your data for as long as needed to for the purpose we have collected it.
Links to other websites
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways to stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you.
- Email to secretariat@biz4Biz.org and ask to be removed from our database.
- Complete the contact form on our homepage and ask to be removed from our database.
If you have any questions please contact:
Telephone: 01462 478031
Name and registered Office:
Company No: 08098438